Dental Practice Team
Dr Mitesh Badiani
Last Updated on Thursday, 21 November 2013 10:05
Dr Mitesh Badiani BDS DPDS
GDC reg no: 66934 Newcastle 11/12/91
Mitesh is the Clinical Lead at Plymouth Dental Centre of Excellence and has over 20 years of dental experience. He has been the clinical lead of this practice and our sister practice Devon Dental Centre of Excellence for 18 years.
His vision was to create a patient journey which represents a high standard of care and service from the first time the patient walks into the practice right through to the treatment received in surgery and post-treatment communication. This high level of patient care has been created at the Devon Dental Centre of Excellence. Mitesh is proud of the team which has followed his ethos of putting the patient first.
He is also proud that he has assembled a team of highly experienced specialists which enables patients to be treated ‘in-house’ rather than be referred to either Bristol or London. The Centre in Ashburton is, in fact, one of only a few practices in the Southwest that offers many types of dental specialist under one roof.
Plymouth Dental Centre of Excellence has become increasingly successful at providing a variety of post-graduate courses. Mitesh’s vision is that it continues to develop over the next few years and, in conjunction with Professor St John Crean, becomes an internationally recognised post-graduate learning institution.
Mitesh is a Clinical Assistant Professor for the University of Warwick as part of the post graduate implant dentistry programme.
He has a special interest in:
- Dental Implants (tutor for Warwick University and mentor for "Ankylos" Implant System)
- Cosmetic Dentistry (training done at Louisiana State University in New Orleans under the guidance of some of the top US cosmetic dentists)
- IV Sedation (for nervous patients)
Mitesh has also been active in supporting overseas communities. He has set up a charity hospital in Gujarat in North West India that currently treats general patients as well as provides eye surgery and dental treatment. He is also involved in setting up a charitable dental unit in Uganda.
Dr Badiani is in surgery on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Dr. Paula Trower
Last Updated on Thursday, 17 October 2013 14:16
Dr Paula Trower BDS
GDC reg no: 53512 Bristol 12/12/79
Dr Trower trained at Bristol University and qualified in 1979. She has worked in general practice in the Plymouth area since 1980, and for eleven years had her own practice before starting at Plymouth Dental in 2005.
Dr Trower is available for appointments on Tuesdays at the practice.
Dr Andre Faro LMD
Last Updated on Thursday, 17 October 2013 14:17
Dr Andre Faro LMD
GDC reg no: 168447 Porto, Portugal 29/10/08
A practitioner of high expertise, Dr Faro qualified in 2008 and is currently doing an MSc in Implantology at Warwick University. As an accomplished practitioner, he can receive referrals for every possible implant case.
Dr Faro is available for appointments on Thursdays.
Dr Faro invites referrals to Plymouth Dental Centre of Excellence:
- All aspects of dental implants
- Surgical cases - sinus lift and bone graft
- Prosthetics – single crown to full arch of crowns and bridges and over-dentures
- Referrals are also invited for just the surgical phase if the dentist wishe
- Prosthetic training can be provided for referring dentists
- International Team of Implantology (ITI)
- Fellow of General Dental Practitioners (FGDP)
- Devon Independent Practitioners Group (DIPG)
- British Society of Oral Implantology (BSOI)
Dr Antaios Oikonomou
Last Updated on Thursday, 26 September 2013 09:24
Dr Antaios Oikonomou DDS, MSc (Periodontology) - Greece 1998
GDC Reg No: 104261
Dr Oikonomou qualified in General Dental Practice in 1998 where he trained and qualified in Greece. He has since undertaken an MSc program in Periodontology in The Netherlands in 2007 in which he qualified in 2010. This further enhancement gives Dr Oikonomou a broad background in the pathophysiology of dental diseases in particular periodontal surgery and reconstructive therapy.
Dr Oikonomou has also benefited from training in areas such as Postgraduate studies in Immunopathology AND Clinical Pharmacology, NIDCR, Maryland, USA
Dr Oikonomou joins us with a wealth of experience having previously worked in the UK, The Netherlands and Switzerland. He is an enthusiastic team member who thrives in the team environment.
Dr OIkonomou accepts referrals for
Dr Peter Davis
Last Updated on Thursday, 17 October 2013 14:09
Dr Peter Davis BDS MFDS RCS (Eng) MClinDent (Lond) MRD RCS (Ed)
GDC reg no: 73686 Newcastle 01/08/97
Peter Davis, originally from the Southwest, qualified in 1997 from Guys’ Hospital Dental School. He obtained his Master of Restorative Dentistry in Endodontology from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and was awarded a distinction in his Master of Clinical Dentistry in Endodontology from the University of London. He is the only Specialist Endodontist with these qualifications working in Devon and Cornwall.
- Endodontics, particularly exceptional root canal treatment using the latest technology resulting in the long term retention of the tooth
Dentist Training & Lecturing
- Postgraduate Tutor on the endodontology postgraduate program at Kings College, London
- Lectures abroad as well as UK
Memberships & Contracts
- Full registration with the General Dental Council
- British Dental Association
- Medical Protection Society
- British Endodontic Society
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Langham Study Group
- American Association of Endodontists
15 minute consultation (1 tooth) £80.00
30 minute consultation (2 teeth) £160.00
Treatment from £500.00
Dr Sara Hutchinson
Last Updated on Thursday, 21 November 2013 10:09
Dr Sara Hutchinson FDS RCS (Eng)
GDC reg no: 69494 03/08/99
Sara qualified in 1996 from Birmingham Dental School. She spent her early years gaining valuable surgical experience with Oral and Maxillofacial units in hospitals around the country (John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford, Eastman Dental Institute in London and Great Ormond Street Hospital).
Sara obtained her fellowship in Dental Surgery in 1998 from the college of surgeons of England and has been a registered Specialist in Oral surgery since 1999.
Sara split her work between hospitals and practices until she moved, and settled with her family to Devon in 2005. Since May 2006 she has been providing a Specialist Oral Surgery service at Devon Dental Centre of Excellence in Ashburton and Plymouth Dental centre of Excellence.
- Full GDC registration
- British Dental Association
- Medical Defence Union
- Royal college of Surgeons of England
- British Association of Oral Surgeons
The Oral Surgery procedures
- Extraction of all types of teeth
- Extractions of buried or difficult teeth
- Extractions of impacted third molar teeth (wisdom teeth)
- Exposure of un-erupted teeth, including canines
- Apical root surgery ( Apicectomy)
- Soft tissue surgery inside the mouth
20 minute consultation £80.00
Surgical treatment from £200.00
Page 1 of 6